5 Health Benefits of Green Tea
Polyphenols and catechins are just two of the antioxidants found in green tea. These naturally occurring compounds exert a lot of effort to shield molecules and cells from free radicals that have the potential to cause harm and disease. Green tea can also help people who want to lower their cholesterol levels or lose weight in a healthy way.
1. Enhances Cognitive Performance Two of the most Common Neurodegenerative Disorders Green Tea May Protect the Brain Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. According to a Swiss study, the drink’s bioactive compounds may improve the part of the brain that is responsible for memory and protect neurons. It’s possible that drinking one or two cups of green tea every day will help maintain proper brain function.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels People with diabetes should talk to their doctors about the potential benefits of green tea. Tea leaves high in polyphenols and polysaccharides may aid in lowering and maintaining blood sugar levels. Both types of diabetes may benefit from these compounds. They can help manage spikes in blood sugar by decreasing insulin resistance and increasing insulin sensitivity.
3. Stabilizes Cholesterol Levels The compounds in green tea have the ability to inhibit cholesterol absorption in the digestive tract and facilitate cholesterol excretion, effectively lowering low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels without affecting HDL levels. As such, this old beverage can assist with freeing the collection of terrible cholesterol while keeping up with how much good cholesterol.
4. Promotes Dental Health Consuming green tea can reduce the risk of cavities and other dental issues. Natural fluorides are catechins and polyphenols, an anion that kills the bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath, cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease. According to the European Journal of Nutrition, consuming one or more cups of green tea each day will lower your risk of tooth loss. However, keep in mind that sweeteners will reduce this benefit.
5. Reduces Body Fat Consuming several cups of green tea each day may assist in weight loss by reducing waist circumference and body fat percentage slightly. Green tea’s polyphenols speed up the body’s conversion of food into calories. Additionally, catechins aid in weight loss. When caffeine is added to green tea, it has the potential to not only break down fat but also burn calories.